Thursday, November 05, 2009

Halloween

This was a year of firsts for us...

Since we live away from most people and are surrounded by people's beach homes, we had not even one trick or treater. So sad...

However, our other first was carving pumpkings together. Last year was the first year I ever carved pumpkins and that was with Lindsey in Kansas. But this year, Mike and I took last Saturday to watch scary movies, carve pumpkins and bake pumpkins seeds. It meant so much to me to have that time with Mike that I haven't been able to have in the past. Here are the pumpkins we carved.


My pumpkin

Mike's pumpkin

Our lovely pumpkins together

Since we didn't have trick or treaters, we just put our pumpkins out on the porch for people driving by to see. But most importantly, we had time together and had a blast doing them.

2 comments:

Jhona O. said...

I tell ya, it's the little things that mean the most. I'm so happy you two got to have fun together and your pumpkins look great! I remember when texting seemed to really take off in the world. Doug was in Iraq and I would watch people calling or texting their hubbies all throughout the day. I envied that so much! When he got home I became a texting fool. (I'm not so much anymore...LOL) But it was great that he was so AVAILABLE to me. So I think it is FANTASTIC that you get to have all these firsts with your Hubs;)

Cherry said...

LOVE your pumpkins!!! Gotta say though that I was a little confused when you said that Sharon was riding in the Cherry's convertable. I thought 'I don't remember owning a convertable!' But then I remembered that you have friend's whose last name is my first name. Phew! I need a Mountain Dew!